Fox to address Broncos starting QB job Tuesday

Posted: 10/10/2011 in Football, NFL
https://i1.wp.com/images.sportsnetwork.com/nfl/getty/denver/2011/tebow_orton_460.jpg
Broncos head coach John Fox said there is “a strong likelihood” he will address the team’s starting quarterback situation on Tuesday.
Backup Tim Tebow, who has a strong base of support among the fans, replaced starter Kyle Orton to begin the second half Sunday in a 29-24 loss to the San Diego Chargers.
Fox said Monday that he wouldn’t announce his decision on who would be the starting quarterback until after he meets with the team.
“That won’t be happening today because we don’t see the team until tomorrow,” the coach said.
The 1-4 Broncos are headed into a bye week and don’t play until October 23 at Miami.
Orton was just 6-of-13 for 34 yards and an interception in a lackluster first half as the Broncos fell behind 23-10 at the break.
Tebow, the No. 25 overall pick in last year’s draft, sparked a late rally, running for a 12-yard touchdown and passing for a 28-yard score. His pass from the San Diego 29-yard line fell incomplete in the end zone as time expired.
The former Florida star played nine games for the Broncos as a rookie, starting three. Orton has started all five of Denver’s games this season.
– Steve
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s